6.5 months since I landed in Asia (leaving once for two weeks in USA). It’s time to provide an executive summary of what I’ve experienced thus far, in parts.
Here’s the first installment.
Reflections & Miscellany (only in a stream of consciousness order)…
1. Harshest land in which to survive: Mongolia
2. Most stunningly gorgeous women per capita: Burma
3. Easiest place to find vegan foods: Shanghai, China
4. People who have given away the most–material things & time–for free (bottles of wines; foods; opera tickets; etc.): Chinese
5. Most outwardly & genuinely friendly: Burma-Malaysia-Thailand
6. Most brutally hot heat index for running: Yangon, Burma
Langkawi Island, Malaysia
Shanghai, China (August-September)
7. Place with widest availability of both fruit juices & fried rice at every turn: Langkawi Island, Malaysia
8. People most excited & willing to help foreigners learn their language: Chinese
9. Most intriguing & unusual place overall: Burma
Part II forthcoming…!